Make your online presence a cash generating machine

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Since Internet is ubiquitous, it presented many opportunities for making money - whether to big companies, medium-sized enterprises, small scale business and even to individuals. For individuals, there are many ways to earn money online. Let me count the ways:

1. Blogging

Blogging before was just considered as an online journal. People blog to write down their thoughts as if they're writing on paper with pen - only that they're using the keyboard and it's accessible to everybody around the world.

Today, companies realize the social media consciousness is shaped even with ordinary people's opinions. You earn money in blogging by writing reviews of a website, a product or a service. There are so many paid posts brokers that go in between advertisers and bloggers. PayingPost is relatively new but as soon as I've joined it, I already had three available opportunities for me to write. I just have to choose which one will fit most realistically with my opinions. Getting paid to blog is not very hard to do - you just give honest views about an advertiser and they pay you if your post meets the requirements.

2. Affiliate systems

Affiliate systems is a marketing tool borrowed from networking marketing strategy - all you need to do is refer people to join or be a member of a website. You get paid by commission - every person you usher means a certain amount for you.

3. Freelancing/Outsourced staffing (virtual assistants, programmers, web designers)

Even before the US and other major economies slipped into recession, many of their companies outsourced to other countries where the labor cost are cheaper. It's not necessarily that way always though. Sometimes, companies just want a certain project to be developed and so they hire temporary workers and freelancers from other shores though not necessarily in other countries.

Try to search popular freelancing brokers and take your chance.

4. Writing and translation

Each country has almost a different tongue from another. In Europe for example, France, Germany and Italy are geographically proximate but their people speak different languages. There's a big money involved in translating documents from one language to another.

Some people also earn by writing as ghost writers to other people. They hire people to write on their behalf their thesis manuscripts, speeches, etc.

5. Tutoring

Education is still a big business. In fact, I am earning a good sum of money monthly by tutoring Japanese students how to speak better English. Other tutoring services also exists.

6. Sell your hobby

If you're good at making t-shirt prints or sewing hand-crafted bags and clothing, you can always find customers online and they order your products and you ship it to them.

7. Paid to click

You are paid to click adds. I don't have the patience to do this though.

As with other business areas, the Internet is a big mine to dig. It's not possible for me to exhaust everything because everything is almost possible online. It just actually depends on your street-smart and guts. You can create your own niche - a unique service. However, there is a basic rule that's adapted from the real world that applies to online businesses.

POPULARITY

Even if you're selling the most sophisticated gadgets and the most reliable services if people haven't heard about you or your products then it's not likely that your business will succeed. You have to build buzz and make great campaigns so that people will know you're offering such and such services.

If you want your site to gain enough buzz and exposure then maybe you need to have someone write about you and your products or services. A tiny spark from a candle can burn a house if it spreads. Have someone blog about you! Blog advertising might be the key to your popularity which could lead to your website's success with just a little investment.


13 comment(s):

ruthinian said...

Nice post here very informative. I am interested in the Tutoring but I have not idea how to go about it. Could you shed some light on it. I will appreciate it if you could e-mail me at mytoolbox@ruthiniangregoire.com Thanks a lot Sis.

Anonymous said...

Hello Pchi,
I agree with you, I don't really like paid to click/PTC program. It's only a small change per click. Basically you have to collect thousands of clicks to earn enough money :D
So far I'd prefer PTP (paid to promote) program where you can set the fee to display their ads in some certain of time regardless the click. One of the brokers for PTP program is Project Wonderful. Maybe you'll be interested to apply :)

Mel Alarilla said...

Hi Pchi,
May I invite you to join Filipinos Unite!!!. You may do so by commenting on my blog or by sending an email to melalarilla@gmail.com stating your name, address, name of blog and the url of the blog. Thank you so much and God bless.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Nicely written pchi, if i were the advertiser, i will double your fee hehe...

Anonymous said...

I still need to learn so much stuff about blogging and such so I am not really qualified for those money making thingy ... Very informative post!

coffeewriter said...

this is very informative.

thanks

pchi said...

@Ruthi

I sent you an email already sis

@Tigis

yeah, I forgot to mention that
Maybe, I will try that

thanks for inviting me, I will consider

pchi said...

@Mel

thanks for the invitation
will do later

@Chkulit

haha. I hope so. *evil grin*
thanks

pchi said...

@Joops

Oh. Yeah, me too!

I only started after fourths into blogging

maybe you have to wait a little longer

pchi said...

@jong

I hope you learned from my post

Gem said...

Well said. There are now several opportunities to make some good money online. People can now earn good money full time or part time.

Pastilan said...

I have just got my first $10 post approved by them :) but the cashout is $50 so I need to get four more in the next few days :)

maicel said...

you do your tutorials online? can you give me some details about this? i'm also interested. i'll appreciate if you can send me an email in cramttam2327 at gmail dot com

thanks so much and more power!

you're blessed!

Blog Directories