Make way for the new year - A reflection

Monday, December 29, 2008

At the end of the year, we usually feel nostalgic.
It's hard to let go of the year that's about to end.
Apprehensive about what the coming year will bring.
Excited of what it will offer.

Some people see a glimmer of light.
Many see it as a chance to do better.
Still, many others don't have any expectations at all.
Dulled by too many frustrations from the previous years.

It actually depends on what perspective you look at it.
And our perspective for the future depends on how we have dealt with our experiences in the past.

How do we get ready for another year?
My answer is simple.
Meet the new year like a child - anticipating it.
Innocent, trusting, expecting only the best of what is about to come.

The length of our lives aren't lengthened by worries.
We can't find contentment if we keep looking for something else besides what already have.
Our happiness doesn't stem out from outside factors.
We are happy if we choose to be.
It's a decision we make.
Smile.
Be positive.
Be cheerful.
Sure, 2008 was not a very good year for everyone.
Recession. Economic and financial crises. Terrorist bombings.
We were alarmed with the end results of global warming.
There were big earthquakes and other natural calamities.
Random killings.

Well, mentioning about these things made me realize.
Indeed, there are more things that can bring us down than lift us up.
In my heart however, I know.
In the midst of turmoil, when cold,bleak winds starts to blow me away.
There's an anchor holding me, keeping me docked to the shore.

This is my prayer as I eagerly wait for that twilight to appear on Jan 1st of 2009.

"Lord, when doubts fill my heart, when my heart is in turmoil, quiet me and give me a renewed hope and cheer." - Psalms 94:19.



Happy new year everyone!

Phot credit: Source (123Greetings)

15 comment(s):

RJ said...

Nostalgic nga tayo!

iceah said...

i really miss this kind of writings that you do so very nice mare very uplifting and encouraging c: thanx for sharing this God bless your heart c:

Bill said...

Hi you have a great site here. Would you like to link up. I hope you have a very happy and prosperous New Year.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Pchi :)

superboi said...

ang gandaaa :)

Nanaybelen said...

Happy New Year Pchi!
Nice verse. Thanks

Anonymous said...

happy New Year too. God Bless

Chubskulit Rose said...

Happy New Year Pchi!

Nyl said...

Nice thoughts pchi! Cheers to you!!

Happy New Year!:)

Anonymous said...

happy new year :D - ozdong

XanFactor said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR from Manila!

pchi said...

@RJ

yeah, and it's hard to explain why

@iceah

I am glad that you like it sis

@bill

thanks, I am glad you like my site. sure, I'll link you up

pchi said...

@Pastilan

happy new year!

@superboi

thanks :-)

@nanay belen

thanks much that you like it!

pchi said...

@mother cares

happy new year!

@nyl

thanks, happy new year!

@chubskulit

happy new year, glad you like it

pchi said...

thanks ozdong!

@xanfactor

happy new year from Davao!

Blog Directories