Fight stress, have a laugh!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Relax. Take life easy. Pick a good movie and savor your favorite meal. Go to your favorite bookstore and look for interesting reads; or better yet, browse the Internet. Explore the world wide web.

Life is hard, but we can make it lighter by changing our attitude. Have a good laugh! Humor is the best antidote to stress.

Click the links below and you'll surely burst out laughing

Funny Cartoons
Stand-up Videos

Reader's Digest has made a name for itself for the wacky and hilarious jokes submitted to the magazine by its readers. In fact, my family had been an avid subscriber of the Readers Digest. Until now, my father had kept copies of the magazines from 1988-1995. After that, we subscribed to AsiaWeek and Time as well, but Readers Digest has always been my personal favorite. What's good about the magazine is that the features are not time bound. The stories and articles, especially the tips and advices are still relevant even if they were written 20 years ago.

I am happy that finally, I can access the RD Laughs Main and Funny Cartoons online for free without paying for subscription. As an English tutor, I help my students learn English. Sometimes I give them a reading material to enrich their vocabulary. For advance learners, I usually recommend health related articles from Readers Digest.

Good news, ReadersDigest.com Widgets can be added to any site or blog; like this word power widget:



Post?slot_id=22955&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

4 comment(s):

ruthinian said...

I agree with you... laughter is the best medicine. And it helps in the aging process too... the best botox. hahahaha


BTW... I gave this blog of yours the COOLEST BLOG Award... if you are interested you can get your trophy in my Carpenter's WIFE's tool box [CLICK HERE to read the post] and you can display it here if you want to... no obligation.

Gem said...

I also did this months back. Those jokes are hilarious - to me. So much that I even stumbled or digged it.

I love humor every now and then. I'm a trying hard humorist on my blog. I never got to have those skills though. Instead I end up reading humor blogs and take a laugh.

RJ said...

Thank you for the reminders.

Reader's Digest? Good laughs? I remember i sent an entry last 1998, unfortunately it hasn't been published. Can I share it here, instead?

-----------------
One of our subjects in the uni during our first year proper in Veterinary Medicine was "Comparative Veterinary Anatomy." It is a course where comparing the forms and structures of domesticated and farm animals are being studied thoroughly, comparing and contrasting every part of their body. It is a 5 unit subject which requires 3 hours lecture and 8 hours laboratory per week.

During one of our laboratoay exams, our professor saw me and my classmate #1 whispering to each other.

Prof: Ssshhh... Don't compare your answers, please!

Me and classmate #1 suddenly stopped whispering. Classmate #2, who wasn't aware of what we were doing (because he was very busy answering the questions on his own) violently reacted to what our professor had uttered!

Classmate #2: Why, madamme?! This subject is Comparative Anatomy!

pchi said...

@ruthi

it helps in the aging process too... the best botox. hahahaha

haha... totoo daw yan

and thanks for the award!

@gem

'm a trying hard humorist on my blog. I never got to have those skills though. Instead I end up reading humor blogs and take a laugh.

I am, as well! talent talaga yan

@RJ

thanks for sharing that, I've actually read something like that rin

but it was about Reproductive anatomy

haha... do the imagination

Blog Directories