Venturing out into business

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I am not a business-minded person but observations of recent trends in our global market today made me realize I should expand my horizon to be receptive and develop such frame of mind.

There's no such thing as job security nowadays. It's even quite difficult to find a decent and self-fulfilling job. Money has become tighter as companies give fewer and fewer raises and benefits. It's tough competition out there in the rat race. People are incurring more liabilities than assets. There should be a way out to this, I thought. I can't remain trapped in this old system of employment which offers limited space for professional growth and personal development, not to mention - stunted financial gain.

A well-delivered presentation for a business oppurtunity for a franchise opened my eyes to the a wider spectrum of possibilities. The speaker quoted Robert Kiyosaki from his famous book, "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" and shared such insights such as:
  • Having a job is a short-term solution to a long-term problem
  • Why climb the corporate ladder when you can own the ladder?
I thought, why don't I try and invest on income-generating projects instead of travelling on leisure or on house renovation? So, I searched online for possible businesses I can do - took note of those which seem profitable and feasible in my area and that which I could personally enjoy. I thought that maybe checking up franchises for sale may also be another option especially since I don't have any business-related experience/expertise yet. This seems the best idea so far since the marketing strategies have already been proven effective so there is small chance for failure.

Right now, I couldn't decide what to do. There are just too many choices to select from. But eventually, I hope I can eventually venture out and create my own business.

Note: Sponsored links brought you by friends at http://www.franchiseadvantage.com/

0 comment(s):

Blog Directories